03 - FREE MOCK THEORY TEST DVLA EXAM
This free mock theory test DVLA exam is created using the official DVSA Guide: The Official Highway Code. All answers include a short explanation and reference to the UK Highway Code or special notes for additional reading on the subject.
Start Your Preparation With Free Mock Theory Test DVLA Exam
The written UK driving test is the least exciting part of acquiring a driver’s license! Regardless, it is a crucial part of your journey as someone who wants to become a certified and licensed driver. Before you are allowed to step into a car for your driving practical exam and show that you know how to drive properly you have to make it past the theory driving test and prove you know the theory part. Without adequate preparation, it can be a daunting task to pass this particular exam, and you may find yourself having to repeat this exam, over and over again, to try to pass it.
A written driving test is an integral part of your journey to becoming a licensed UK driver. It will not only help you to get a driver’s license but will also significantly contribute to the safe usage of UK roads. But how can you prepare for your driving theory exam?
Preparation for the UK driving theory test not only requires you to equip yourself with the relevant DVSA learning materials, but also familiarize yourself with the Highway Code, understand the UK traffic signs, and equally rehearse the hazard perception video clips. And most importantly, you also need to practice adequately by taking numerous driving free mock theory test DVLA exams. Usually, the DVLA theory driving test features two sections, including the multiple-choice and hazard perception parts.
It is imperative to note that the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency, DVSA sets the driving theory exam. This test is then conducted online via a computer in your designated test center. Usually, this exam will test your general knowledge of numerous aspects of road usage, existing traffic regulations, and driving knowledge. These might include:
- The highway code: This is an official DVSA document and contains essential information regarding the laws as well as regulations for UK motorists. If you want to pass your theory driving test, it is important that you familiarize yourself with these rules because violating them will amount to criminal offenses.
- Traffic signs: The UK road signs are categorized into those that issue orders, give information, and those that show warnings to the road users. And you can identify them according to their color and shapes. It would be of great importance if you read and understood these signs together with their meanings to guarantee your overall safety as well as those of the other road users.
The Structure of The DVLA Driving Theory Test:
As earlier mentioned, the real driving theory test consists of two sections; multiple-choice questions and the hazard perception sections. Candidates are required to pass both areas of the exam to book the practical driving test. And this simply implies that failing in either or both sections will necessitate booking for the theory test again and retaking it. And you’ll also have to pay again as you re-book the exam.
- The multiple-choice section: This part has fifty multiple-choice questions, out of which you are needed to record a score of 43 or more to pass. You have 57 minutes to complete this session that usually ends with five case study questions. The questions from this section are extracted from the three official DVSA resource materials; the highway code, know your traffic signs, and the DVSA essential skills. The system allows you to flag the questions that you are unable to provide instant answers to and attend to them later.
- The hazard perception section: This section is slightly more complicated, and involves watching different road scenarios and clicking the mouse every time you identify a hazard that is developing. These developing hazards could include things such as driving at night, in fog, or even in low-light conditions. In total, there are 14 videos to view in 14 minutes, each video clip carrying five points and you need to garner at least 44 marks to excel in this section.
So, How Do You Prepare For Your DVLA Driving Theory Test?
As already explained, your first step toward preparing for your driving theory exam is finding the right learning materials, which of course, should be sourced from the official government website. Besides the essential driving theory learning materials, the DVSA offers a theory test handbook to help you prepare and ultimately excel in your exam. The guide provides example questions and answers. Get yourself a copy of this important handbook and invest your time in familiarizing yourself with the questions.
Another great way to prepare for your theory driving exam is to take numerous free mock theory test DVLA exams. If you are certain you are ready for the actual theory exam, you first need to test yourself with a mock theory driving exam. And just like the actual test, the DVLA mock theory usually features a total of fifty questions, and you have to complete it within 57 minutes.
If you may be wondering what else you should do to prepare for your final written driving test, taking a free online driving theory mock exam can be a great option as they also offer the same benefits as the DVLA practice test questions. While they might not be as beneficial as the official DVSA driving theory mock exams, the most important thing is that you are getting a concrete idea of what the real driving exam should look like.
So, What Should You Look For When Choosing a Driving Mock Theory Test?
You already know that taking an online theory driving mock exam exposes you to all sorts of questions, most of which you’ll potentially find in your real test. For this reason, you want to choose the best online practice driving test provider that can guarantee your success. And today, there are numerous websites that purport to offer the best mock exams, implying that the prospect of finding a good online mock driving exam can prove to be an overwhelming task. This is why we want to provide you with a few tips on how to source driving theory online mock tests.
- The test should be up to date: Before you sign up for any online mock test, you first need to confirm that it is up to date, to avoid equipping yourself with useless information that won’t aid you to pass your real driving test. The DVSA will always test you on current road issues, so don’t waste your valuable time practicing outdated driving mock exams. And after carefully reading and comprehending the official DVLA driving test resource materials, you shouldn’t find it hard to identify an outdated driving mock test.
- Relevance to your local driving rules: If you didn’t know, there are some driving regulations that may only apply to a particular location, so be cautious with what you go for, to avoid confusion. And this means you must first familiarize yourself with your local driving rules before choosing your online mock theory driving exam.
There is no doubt that studying is an excellent way to prepare for your UK driving theory exam. However, practice makes perfect, and this is why you must take the DVLA theory mock tests because they will not only help boost your confidence but also allow you to better understand the rules and regulations that govern the use of UK roads. And most importantly, mock exams significantly enhance your chances of excelling in your actual driving theory test!